Children's Cycle Training
UPDATE 21.09.2020: We are now running school cycle training and small group children's sessions.
Our children's cycle training courses follow the National Standard Bikeability Training (the new Cycling Proficiency). Free Bikeability Level 1 & 2 cycle training is offered to your child when they are in Year 6. This is typically booked via your child’s primary school.
We also offer holidays courses that can be booked through our provider Cycle Experience. Please see details of the latest courses below. We typically run Lean to Ride and Bikeability Level 1 & 2 sessions. Please note, for these holiday courses there is usually a small subsidised cost.
There are different cycling courses available based on your child’s ability and age. Levels explained below:
- Learn to Ride – Suitable for children who cannot ride a bike. This course will develop balance, improve co-ordination, gain confidence and how to ride safely. Takes place off-road with an experienced instructor.
- Level 1 & 2 – Suitable for children 9 years +. Children must be able to cycle for this course. It develops children’s handling and control of the bike, boosts confidence and refines skills at their own pace. Riders will then be taken onto quiet roads and simple junctions, to develop rider’s skills and confidence on road, preparing them for cycling on more complex, busier roads.
- Level 3 – Suitable for children 11 year +. Children must be able to cycle confidently for this training. Riders will develop skills for more challenging road and traffic situations; busier streets and multi-lane traffic, complex junctions and roundabouts, queuing traffic, as well as planning a bespoke safe route to school/home.
October 2020 Half Term Course
We are running cycle training sessions this Half Term for Year 7 students who missed out on Year 6 Cycle Training in school last year. Book onto a 1-day Bikeability Level 1&2 course where students will develop handling and control of the bike and develop confidence cycling on road. Please note, students must be able to ride a bike for this course.
- Location: Inwood Park, TW3 1XG
- Dates: 27th or 28th October, 9am-4pm.
- Cost: FREE (we have now removed the £5 charge)
- COVID19 procedures & social distancing will be adhered to