Free Cycle Training
1 to 1 Adult Cycle Training
Bikeability Level 3 only
This one to one session is designed to train competent riders on difficult junctions, traffic lights and roundabout.
Please refer back to our weekly group sessions if you’re a complete beginner that would like to start cycling or need to gain confidence on-road.
- Book up one free two-hour sessions
- You must be 16 years of age or above
- Session delivered on a 1 rider to 1 instructor ratio
- Bikes and helmets available to borrow free of charge
- Refundable booking charge of a £5 deposit
- Lampton Park Cycling Hub in Lampton Park, Bulstrode Avenue entrance, TW3 4LD. Cycles available to borrow.
- Hanworth Cycling Hub in Hanworth Air Park Leisure Centre & Library, Feltham TW13 5EG. Cycles available to borrow.
- Flexible location - Our instructors can arrange to meet you at a preferred site in Hounslow, which they consider appropriate for cycle training. Cycles not available to borrow.
Adult Group Cycle Training
Build confidence to cycle as a group with our group cycle training sessions. Our qualified instructors will show you how to cycle as a group in a park and Hounslow's quiet roads. Training is suitable for beginners, as well as regular cyclists looking to brush up on advanced skills, cycle as a group and meet like-minded people.
Every Tuesday at Heston Park (beginners 9.30-10.15am, improvers 10.30-11.30am)
Every Tuesday at Feltham Park (beginners 1.00-1.45pm, improvers 2 - 3pm)
Every Thursday at Osterley Park (beginners 11.45am-12.45pm, improvers 1 - 2pm)
Every Saturday at Lampton Park (beginners 9.15-10.15am , improvers 10.30-11.30am)
Every Saturday at Hanworth Park (beginners 1 - 2pm, improvers 2.15-3.15pm)
No need to book, first come first serve basis. Our instructors will register you on arrival. Don’t be late as spaces are limited!
Children's Cycle Training
Our children's cycle training courses follow the National Standard Bikeability Training (the new Cycling Proficiency). Free Bikeability Level 1 & 2 cycle training is offered to your child when they are in Year 6. This is typically booked via your child’s primary school. If your child missed out on cycle training in school, we also offer cycle training courses during school holidays. Please see details of the latest courses below. We typically run Lean to Ride and Bikeability Level 1 & 2 sessions. Please note, for these holiday courses there is usually a small subsidised cost.
There are different cycling courses available based on your child’s ability and age. Levels explained below:
- Learn to Ride – Suitable for children who cannot ride a bike. This course will develop balance, improve co-ordination, gain confidence and how to ride safely. Takes place off-road with an experienced instructor.
- Level 1 & 2 – Suitable for children 9 years +. Children must be able to cycle for this course. It develops children’s handling and control of the bike, boosts confidence and refines skills at their own pace. Riders will then be taken onto quiet roads and simple junctions, to develop rider’s skills and confidence on road, preparing them for cycling on more complex, busier roads.
- Level 3 – Suitable for children 11 year +. Children must be able to cycle confidently for this training. Riders will develop skills for more challenging road and traffic situations; busier streets and multi-lane traffic, complex junctions and roundabouts, queuing traffic, as well as planning a bespoke safe route to school/home.
Visit Cycling Instructor for Holiday Learn To Ride sessions for children.
For more information on children's courses, and to be added onto our waiting list, please email email@example.com.
Trying to teach your child how to ride a bike? HSBC's Ready Set Ride is a useful interactive website and mobile app to help parents teach their children how to ride a bike through fun games and activities. Watch their video guides.
TfL's Free Online Cycle Skills Course
Whether you're new to cycling or just want to brush up on your skills, TfL's free online Cycle Skills course provides easy to follow tips and advice to get you going. There are four short modules to try. If you complete all four modules, you'll receive a unique 15% discount code so you can save on Halfords own-brand cycle lights, locks and helmets.
- Tips to get you and your cycle prepared for the road
- How to start cycling on the road safely and responsibly
- Tips to brush up on your cycling skills
- How to cycle in a group with children or adults
What are you waiting for?
Connect with us !
Follow our social media pages to be able to receive the latest cycle related news and updates.