Activities, events and volunteering opportunities at Boston Manor Park
April - May 2023 events at Boston Manor Park
Update on Park Hub building area
We are in the process of assessing submitted tenders and hope a new café provider will be appointed soon.
The core park team continue to open toilets in the changing room when they are working in the park, so that families and park users have access to them until the new provider is in place.
Look out for our May half term programme: out mid-May
Free Fitness, Nature, Wellbeing and Art
- Regular Toddler Woodland Adventure Play: 26 April; 3 May, 10 May, 17 May, 10am-11:15am: Come and explore the Park habitats and wildlife with Tash - meet by Hub. £2 donation per child (babies free) per session. No booking required but latecomers might not find us.
- Evening Bat Walk: Wednesday, 3 May, 8:15pm-9:15pm: Meet by the lake near the picnic tables. Join Vanessa for an evening bat walk. We’ll have a short talk about bats, then we’ll use detectors to find and see them at their feeding hot spots in the park. No booking required.
- Monthly Bird Walk and Survey: Saturday, 13 May, 8:30am-10am: Meet at Boston Gardens park entrance near the top of the lake. Take a leisurely walk around the park to record numbers and species of birds. No experience necessary but bring binoculars if you have them.
- Sensory Dementia Walk: 18 May, 2pm-3pm: Especially for those caring or living with dementia, meet inside the Walled Garden and the BMP team will lead participants on a gentle stroll past tactile and sensory trees and shrubs in the Park.
- Fitness Fun with Jenny: Tuesdays 30 May; 6, 13, 20, 27 June, 11am-11:45am: Low impact outdoors exercise class for adults of all ages and fitness levels. Indoor option available if necessary. High impact options also given. £2 cash donation per adult per drop-in session. Meet by fitness equipment. Bring a mat if you have one, and water.
Gardening and Conservation events
- Weekly Gardening and Conservation Sessions: Every Tuesday, 10am-12:30pm: Meet outside the Service Yard/ Walled Garden (opposite the tennis courts). Join Vanessa and carry out a variety of gardening and conservation tasks around the park. New volunteers please email firstname.lastname@example.org before joining a session so your induction can be arranged.
- Youth Volunteering (14yrs up): 22 April; 13 & 27 May, 10:30am-12:30pm: Volunteering specifically for young people (14–18-year-olds) with regular sessions for teenagers looking to meet the D of E award 'Volunteering' requirement and all teenagers wanting to volunteer. Activities could include conservation, gardening and helping run family events. Email Tash in advance if you are interested: email@example.com . Meet by the Park Hub.
- Saturday Gardening and Conservation Session: 27 May, 10:30am-12:30pm; 17 June 12:30pm-2:30pm: Meet outside the Service Yard/ Walled Garden (opposite the tennis courts). Join Vanessa and carry out a variety of gardening and conservation tasks around the park.
- Boston Manor Park Nature Festival: 3 June, 12pm-4pm :Join us to celebrate the renovated Park at our official launch event. You can expect a children’s petting zoo, local artists showcasing nature-based arts and crafts, refreshments, Forest School activities, wildlife mosaic making workshops, representatives from lots of local wildlife organisations and the Hounslow ECO community. And so much more! All activities free to participate in.
Join our events and volunteering mailing list:
Contact us BostonManorPark@hounslow.gov.uk to receive regular updates on all our events and activities, including lots of family events in school holidays.
Follow and Like our Facebook page @BMPoutdoorevents