Check if you’re entitled to more financial help

With the cost of living continuing to rise, many people will be worried about their finances this winter.

Published: Tuesday, 18th October 2022

Couple looking at a bill

If your household is starting to feel stretched, it’s a good idea to make sure that you are receiving any benefits to which you’re entitled.

Use our benefits calculator to check that you are receiving all the financial support you can, such as Universal Credit or Child Benefit. It’s free to use and anonymous.

If you’re in a low-income household, whether you’re in work or not, you may be eligible for Council Tax Support if your household income is up to £2,000 a month. When Council Tax Support is calculated it does not take into account any money you receive in benefits, so you may be entitled to a larger discount than you might expect.

If you’re already in receipt of Housing Benefit or Universal Credit and you can’t pay your rent, find out if you could apply for a Discretionary Housing Payment.
If you are a council tenant and worried about paying your rent, please reach out to your Income Officer.

If you find yourself in exceptionally difficult circumstances and cannot pay for essentials, see if you can apply for help via the Household Support Grant.

Community Solutions are also here to help provide advice, guidance and support for all Hounslow residents. You can access this through Hounslow Connect the information and guidance hub connecting residents to local services and support, and see where you can find the team this week. Alternatively, you can call them directly on 020 8583 2211.

rating button