Make a complaint or comment

Complain about a school

The governing body of each school is responsible for investigating and responding to complaints about schools.

If you have a complaint about a school you should try to resolve it with the member of staff concerned first.

If the complaint is still unresolved, ask for an appointment with the headteacher, deputy head, or, in secondary school, the year coordinator.

If the school cannot resolve your complaint satisfactorily you should then make a formal complaint to the school’s governing body, by writing to the chair.

A letter can be addressed to the chair of the governing body care of the school office.

All school governing bodies have a procedure for handling complaints.

Contact us

Governing Bodies Section
Children's Services and Lifelong Learning
Hounslow House
7 Bath Road
​​​​TW3 3EB


rating button