Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) FAQs

I don’t think the PCN is for my vehicle / my registration mark may have been copied, what do I do?

If you believe the vehicle we have issued a PCN to may not be yours, even though it has the same registration mark, it is possible that your plates have been cloned. You should report this to the police by calling 101 and provide us with a copy of the reference number they give you.

You should also send us colour photos of the front and rear of your vehicle, including of both number plates, as this will allow us to compare your vehicle with the one we have on file. If we accept this we will cancel the PCN and send you confirmation in writing. 

rating button