Penalty Charge Notices (PCN) FAQs

I have received a PCN for someone who does not live at my address, what do I do?

If you have received a notice for a person who does not live at your address, please send us a copy of your most recent council tax bill and utility bill, or a copy of your tenancy agreement and a recent phone bill (depending on your circumstances) and we will look into this for you. So long as we do not have reason to suspect that they may be living at your address, we will cancel the PCN and confirm this in writing. If we do not cancel it we reserve the right to progress the case to allow Enforcement Agents (bailiffs) to visit the property and make their own assessment of the situation (they will write to you first before they visit). 

rating button