How do I appeal or pay my PCN?
How to appeal: Please read the notice carefully for information on when and how to appeal. We accept representations via the following methods:
- Online: make a representation (if you include your email address you should receive a copy of those representations and an email confirmation receipt).
- Email: Hounslow.email@example.com (you should receive an email confirmation receipt).
- By post: London Borough of Hounslow (Parking Services). PO Box 211, Sheffield, S98 1NG (we do not confirm receipt for representations received by post).
Be sure to include any evidence you would like us to consider with your representations, as we will not contact 3rd parties to collect this for you.
You must include the PCN reference and your vehicle registration on any correspondence so that we can allocate it correctly.
You can check the status of your PCN at any time online via the portal; view PCN info
By law we have 56 days to respond to formal representations made under the Traffic Management Act 2004 (Parking contraventions) although we aim to respond to you sooner than that. Although there is no equivalent time limit for PCNs issued under the London Local Authorities Act 1996 (Bus Lane contraventions) or the London Local Authorities and Transport for London Act 2003 (Moving Traffic contraventions), we aim to respond to you within three months, which we believe to be a reasonable amount of time.
How to pay: If you pay your PCN within the time frame indicated on the notice this will close the case and no further action will take place. The exception to this is where an appeal has been logged with an independent adjudicator and you have paid the PCN at the discount rate (the remainder will become due if your appeal is unsuccessful).
We accept payment via the following methods:
- Online at www.hounslow.gov.uk
- By phone (24 hours). Please have your credit or debit card and Penalty Charge Notice number (see above) ready, and then call 0333 800 0107.
- By post Please make your cheque payable to 'London Borough of Hounslow', write your Penalty Charge Notice number (see above) and vehicle registration on the back, then send it to: London Borough of Hounslow (Parking Services), PO Box 211, Sheffield S98 1NG.
You are advised that it is your responsibility to ensure that we receive payment within the correct time frame, and we bear no responsibility for any loss or delays if you chose to send a cheque through the post.