Thriving Communities Fund: Revenue
Over the last few months the Council's Community Partnerships Unit has provided grants, through the Thriving Communities Fund, of £250k to 19 voluntary and community groups to help them to deliver projects supporting:
- Better mental health and wellbeing
- Support for older people
- Projects for children, young people and adults with disabilities
- Education and training
- Support for young people
- Improving digital inclusion across the borough
A youth project delivered by the London Museum of Water and Steam. This project will create a supported volunteering programme that will engage and support young people who live Hounslow, aged 16-24 who are not in education, training or employment (NEET) or who are at high risk of becoming NEET
Liz Powers, Museum Director London Museum of Water & Steam
An outdoor project delivered by Let’s Go Outside and Learn. The project will bring people together and build their confidence through a range of nature-based initiatives and activities to meet needs of people at risk of isolation whilst also supporting their general health and wellbeing.
Frances Bennett Director of Let’s Go Outside and Learn
- Details of the projects (including contact details) we have funded in Round One of the Revenue Fund (up to July 2021) can be found here
Thriving Communities Fund: Capital
Friends of Hanworth Air Park have been awarded Capital Funding for a new playground. The project will be delivered by the Council’s Parks Team.
Nic Moore, Chair of Friends of Hanworth Air Park
Hounslow Response Fund
The Hounslow Response Fund was launched in June 2020 in response to the Coronavirus pandemic.
It enabled charities and community groups impacted by Coronavirus to apply for grants of up to £50,000 to deliver long-term recovery projects.
- 67 projects have been funded
- £950,000 in funding has been allocated
- Details of the projects that we have funded can be found here