The Community Partnerships Unit offers grants to residents groups, VCSE sector organisations and community projects which help us to achieve the aims of the council's Thriving Communities Strategy (2019-2023).
Details of past council grants allocations are available here
The Thriving Communities Fund
Hounslow Council now has a new way for residents and community and voluntary organisations to apply for funding to support community projects and voluntary sector services to improve their communities.
The new Thriving Communities Fund brings together a number of different funding streams which have supported community and voluntary sector services or projects.
These include funds previously available through:
- Neighbourhood CIL (Community Infrastructure Levy)
- The CPU's Community Grants, Small Grants and Community Impact Fund (CIF)
- New Housing Revenue Account (HRA) investment to support community initiatives and projects with a clear benefit to Hounslow Housing tenants.
The Thriving Community Fund now provides a single point of application, assessment and approval for council community funding and will improve access and transparency.
Applications can be made under three funding streams
- Small Grants up to £1,250
- Medium Grants between £1,251 and £15,000
- Large Grants between £15,001 and £50,000
The Fund is now open for applications and the deadline for applications is 12 noon on 21 February 2020.
Completed Application Forms and the relevant documets should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
There will be a series of drop-in sessions to find out more and to get some support. No need to book - just come along.
- Brentford Library: Tuesday 21 January (2pm - 3.30pm)
- Feltham Library:Thursday 23 January (2pm - 3.30pm)
- The Hub Library, Beavers/Meadow Estate: Monday 27 January (10.30am - 12pm)
- Hounslow Library: Tuesday 28 January (10.30am - 12pm)
Thriving Community Fund Officers are available to support you through the process of applying for funding. We recommend that you get in touch with us at an early stage so we can advise whether your proposal meets the Fund criteria and link you into further support or advice where needed.
- Email email@example.com
- Call us on 020 8583 2450 / 2454 / 2453
Small Grants Programme
The Small Grants Programme provides grants of up to £500 to support local community events or activity across the borough. This includes street parties, local events or activities for residents that help prevent social isolation or allow neighbours to get to know one another better.
Applications have now closed
Decisions on funding for this final round will be made on 6 February 2020
Learn about funding opportunities
When funding opportunities are available, the information will be shared through our Evolve electronic newsletter.
If you would like to sign up to the free Evolve newsletter, please contact the Community Partnerships Unit
Email the Community Partnerships Unit
Telephone: 020 8583 2450
The Hounslow Voluntary Sector Support Service can provide you with advice on sources of funding and support for your organisation, service or project. They can also advise you on writing your application. For more information or to make an appointment contact them by email or call 020 3096 4250