The Community Partnerships Unit offers grants to residents groups, VCSE sector organisations and community projects which help us to achieve the aims of the Council's Thriving Communities Strategy (2019-2023).
Details of past Council grant allocations are available at: https://data.hounslow.gov.uk/
Funding to help with the Coronavirus
Thriving Communities: Hounslow Response Fund
The Thriving Communities: Hounslow Response Fund has been launched to help alleviate the impact of the Coronavirus by supporting the VCSE sector in the borough and providing funds for projects and services that are delivering support to Hounslow citizens most at risk as a result of the outbreak. We welcome applications from charities and voluntary and community groups delivering services in the London Borough of Hounslow.
Several groups have already received funding - here are the details of the projects that have been funded
Helping with your Recovery
A key part of the Thriving Communities: Hounslow Response Fund is our Recovery Fund.
You should apply for the Recovery Fund to deliver projects that will support the long-term recovery of your organisation, and your communities, from the restrictions imposed by the Coronavirus.
Having struggled through the months of lockdown our citizens will have to overcome significant challenges during the recovery period.
To support them our charities, voluntary and community groups will need to transform how they deliver their services if they are to support their communities in new ways that will achieve a successful long-term recovery.
The Recovery Fund is available to help our voluntary sector to adapt, relaunch and thrive in this new environment.
Funding is available for up to £50,000 per project and there will be three rounds for applications:
- The results of Round 1 of the Recovery Fund have now been sent to all applicants. If you have not received the results of your application for Round 1 please contact our Thriving Communities Fund Officers (details below)
- Round 2 of the Recovery Fund is now open. It will close at 9am on Monday 2 November 2020
For this round of funding our priority will be to support projects directed towards these areas:
- Domestic abuse and violence
- Addressing unemployment or underemployment as a result of the Coronavirus, including support to find employment, develop skills and retrain
- Projects benefitting London Borough of Hounslow council tenants and estates
- Support for residents to re-engage with services, activities and everyday life
- Round 3 opens: Monday 7 December - closes: 9am Monday 25 January 2021
Information about the Thriving Communities: Hounslow Response Fund is also available from our Thriving Community Fund Officers.
- Ellie.Lee@hounslow.gov.uk 020 8583 3120
- Michelle.Hutchinson@hounslow.gov.uk 020 8583 2454
Who will we fund?
- Constituted not-for-profit organisations (e.g. a registered charity, company limited by guarantee, unincorporated association or club, community interest company, charitable incorporated organisation)
- If you are an un-constituted group that is interested in submitting an application, such as a Mutual Aid Group, please contact us to discuss your options.
Myth-busting about these new funds
1. I won't get funding from the Council if I have received other funding
BUSTED - This is not true. In fact we would actively encourage you to apply to other funders as well as us to help finance your project, because this will show us that your project is sustainable, and it will bring extra money into the borough.
2. If I get funding from the Council I am not allowed to apply for any other funding
BUSTED - Once again, this is not true. Even if we approve your funding application you are still free to seek additional funding elsewhere and the Ealing and Hounslow Community and Voluntary Service will help you with your other applications.
3. I am a new organisation, which means the Council will probably not fund my project
BUSTED - This is not true. We encourage all organisations, new and old, to talk to the Thriving Community Fund Officers about their project and the funding options that are available.
4. If I apply for funding for my project I will have to do it on my own
BUSTED - This is not true. We encourage and support groups that can show that they are working in partnership with other organisations in the community.
Other funding that is available
In this time of increased pressure on the charitable sector a whole range of new funding sources are being made available on a regular basis during the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Ealing & Hounslow CVS have a comprehensive list of funders who are offering grants and other financial support to help groups deal with the effects of the coronavirus
Financial support and grants
- There is a detailed list on the Civil Society website
Find out about all of the new funding sources
- Community Matters have a list of Covid-19 grants with direct links to the funders
Download the list of funders
Whenever new funding opportunities are available, the information will be shared through our Evolve electronic newsletter.
If you would like to sign up to this free newsletter, please contact the Community Partnerships Unit
Ealing and Hounslow CVS can provide you with advice on sources of funding and support for your organisation, service or project. They can also advise you on writing your application.
For more information or to make an appointment contact them by email or call 020 3096 4250