Free motorcycle training
Biker Down! is a free nationwide scheme that provides bikers with the tools and life-saving knowledge if they or another biker are involved in a crash. Aimed at motorcyclists of all ages and experience, the scheme is in partnership with London Fire Brigade, London Ambulance Service, Transport for London and the Metropolitan Police.
The 3-hour course will cover:
- How to manage the scene if you come across a collision
- Immediate Emergency Aid for motorcycles
- Collision prevention and the science of being seen
Once you have completed the course, you will receive:
- A certificate of attendance
- A first-aid kit designed to be carried under the seat of their bike
Location: Heston Fire Station, 520 London Road, Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 4HR.
BikeSafe – London
The council offers free BikeSafe vouchers to riders who live or work in Hounslow. BikeSafe is a one-day skills course designed to get more out of your bike and improve your riding technique. The training is delivered by The Metropolitan Police Service's Motorcycle Safety Team, who are all keen bikers and will share their knowledge of how to become a neater, smoother, safer and more confident rider. The course is open to all ages and experience.
What the rider skill day involves
The one-day course will consist of a morning classroom session, followed by an observed ride. You will cover the following topics:
- Collision causation (right turn violations)
- Cornering and bend assessment
- Overtaking, filtering and group riding
- Attitude to risk, plus hazard management
- The system of motorcycle control
Email the road safety team at email@example.com to find out more.
To book a BikeSafe course, please head to: https://bikesafe.co.uk/