Blue Badge parking
If you have mobility issues or you’re visually impaired, you may be eligible for a Blue Badge parking permit. With a blue badge you can park closer to your destination and in some circumstances you can enjoy free parking and sometimes stop on double yellow lines.
Blue Badge application costs £10. The government has a tool that will show you if you qualify for a blue Badge.
Applying for a Blue Badge
You automatically qualify for a Blue Badge if you are over 2 years old and at least one of the following applies:
- you receive the higher rate of the mobility component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- you receive a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) because you can’t walk more than 50 metres (a score of 8 points or more under the ‘moving around’ activity of the mobility component)
- you are registered blind (severely sight impaired)
- you receive a War Pensioner’s Mobility Supplement
- you have received a lump sum benefit within tariff levels 1-8 of the Armed Forces and Reserve Forces (Compensation) Scheme and have been certified as having a permanent and substantial disability which causes inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking
- you receive the mobility component of PIP and have obtained 10 points specifically for descriptor E under the ‘planning and following journeys’ activity, on the grounds that you are unable to undertake any journey because it would cause you overwhelming psychological distress
You may be eligible for a badge if one or more of the following applies:
- you cannot walk at all
- you cannot walk without help from someone else or using mobility aids
- you find walking very difficult due to pain, breathlessness or the time it takes
- walking is dangerous to your health and safety
- you have a terminal illness, which means you cannot walk or find walking very difficult and have a DS1500 form
- you have a severe disability in both arms and drive regularly, but cannot operate pay-and-display parking machines
- you have a child under the age of 3 with a medical condition that means the child always needs to be accompanied by bulky medical equipment
- you have a child under the age of 3 with a medical condition that means the child must always be kept near a vehicle in case they need emergency medical treatment
- you are constantly a significant risk to yourself or others near vehicles, in traffic or car parks
- you struggle severely to plan or follow a journey
- you find it difficult or impossible to control your actions and lack awareness of the impact you could have on others
- you regularly have intense and overwhelming responses to situations causing temporary loss of behavioural control
- you frequently become extremely anxious or fearful of public/open spaces
Please be advised that the application process can take between 10/12 weeks to complete depending on whether an assessment needs to be carried out
Where you can park with a Blue Badge in Hounslow
- free at any public parking meters or pay and display bays
- up to three hours on single or double yellow lines
- disabled bays for as much time as you need
- on-street resident permit/ shared use bays within Hounslow
- all Hounslow car parks in the pay and display or disabled bays.
If you have a Blue Badge, you can register for a 100% congestion charge discount.
Blue Badge fraud
It’s a criminal offence to misuse a Blue Badge. So if you see this happening, please contact us immediately giving us their number plate and badge number if you can. Telephone: 0800 328 6453.
Apply for a Blue Badge
Report a parking offence
Telephone 020 8290 8301 (option 7)
- Monday to Friday 7.00am - 1pm
- Saturday 9am - 1pm
If you wish to specifically report the miss use of a Blue Badge or Blue Badge bay, pleaae email us email@example.com
Blue Badge lost/stolen form
If your Blue Badge has been lost or stolen, please complete the form.
You can edit the form and once completed email it directly to us or print the form and post to us using the address details below.
To return your application or for any other enquiries.
Concessionary Travel Unit
London Borough of Hounslow
7 Bath Road
Telephone: 020 8583 3073