Road closures and diversions

Road closures for special events

Apply and download the street party request form

The cost for a road closure is £33.70.

To allow sufficient time to process and advertise all the road closures for your Street Party,  it is required that the application is received within 6 weeks prior to the event.

Applications received within less than 6 weeks will not be approved. 

Once you have received approval of your application, our contractors Hounslow Highways will deliver barriers for your road ( if you have requested them on the application form) at least 1 day prior to your Street Party. 

If you wish to borrow road closed signs and barriers from the Council, please indicate this on the street party request form.

Why organise a street party

Street parties are a great way to meet new people and your neighbours in a fun way where everyone can join in. It’s a great British tradition which not only allows a safe environment for children to play in but enables people of all ages and backgrounds to come together in a relaxed way and helps build a friendly community. When planning a street party there are several areas you should take into consideration.

These are:

  • highway legislation - you will need to apply for road closure permission
  • noise
  • food safety
  • health and safety
  • insurance

By taking precautions and showing consideration to your neighbours, everyone can enjoy your party. Please read our advice and guidance notes, see right of this page under documents for download, for information on some of the most common hazards and how you can ensure that they are controlled safely.

You may also need to think about:

  • whether the site is suitable for the event (consider physical nature of the ground, number of people likely to attend, location)
  • whether you have enlisted the support of a sufficient number of suitable people to help on the day (e.g. first aiders)
  • and if you have obtained all the relevant permissions (e.g. land owner and street closures).

Street cleansing

London Borough of Hounslow and Hounslow Highways are pleased to be able to help with street cleansing for street parties. We will ensure that the street is clean before the party, will provide bags to place waste in, and will pick them up afterwards.

Please log any request at least two weeks before the event via the Hounslow Highways website

After the event any rubbish should be bagged and a report logged on the following link as a Fly tip: Hounslow Highways website. Hounslow Highways will then collect as a Fly tip after the report. Any bags can be used as it will likely be unrecyclable. However, if there are recyclable materials, you should put these in your normal domestic recycling containers (blue, green and red boxes) for collection on the normal recycling days.

Payment of special event fee

The street party fee can be paid by BACs or Credit card. 

You will need to obtain a street party reference number from the Traffic Orders team by emailing which you will need to quote on either of these payment methods. 

Submitting a BACS payment without this reference may cause delays in processing your request.

For Credit card payment please email with the telephone number and contact name of who to ring to process payment.  For BACS payments, the Council’s bank details are:

National Westminster Bank
275-277 High Street

  • Full Company Name: London Borough of Hounslow
  • Account Name: LB Hounslow Main Account
  • Account No: 20364814
  • Sort Code: 60-11-18
  • IBAN: GB79NWBK60111820364814

Please email your remittance advice to or Email the Hounslow pay BACS team 

Please email completed application forms to

Please be aware that we may not grant a closure order. For this reason, we recommend you contact us as soon as possible to check that the event will be able to go ahead and before it is publicised.

rating button