Resident's parking permit

Parking price changes - February 2021

From Monday 15 February, prices for a number of our parking services will be changing. 

More information about the changes


If you want to park your vehicle in a controlled parking zone you'll need to apply for a parking permit.

Find out if you're in a Controlled Parking Zone (CPZ)

Apply or renew your resident's parking permit

Before you begin your application you will need to ensure:

Note: If you are still waiting for the proofs to be available you can apply for a one month temporary resident permit.

The first time you use the system you need to set up an online permit account.

To do this, click on the ‘Apply for a resident parking permit’ link below and select ‘Register’. You will then need to create a username and password, and provide your email address. You will receive an email to verify your account. Once you have done this you can log in and apply for the permits you need.

Apply for a resident parking permit


The price is dependent on the fuel type and emissions of the vehicle, as well as the number of vehicles in the household.

View the current costs

Changing permit details and courtesy car cover

If you are changing vehicles or moving to another parking zone, you will need request a change to your permit. There is an administration charge of £21 for this service. If you are using a courtesy car, you will need to request free temporary cover for that vehicle.

Please submit your request by logging into your account 

To cancel a permit, request a refund or a replacement permit, please email

School Streets scheme

If you live within a School Streets scheme area, and would like to register a vehicle for exemption from the 'resident only access' restrictions that operate around the school's start and finish times, please complete an exemption form.

Contact us

If you have any questions about your permit application, please get in touch


rating button