What happens next?
Once we have processed your application and found a garage in a suitable area, we will ask you to come to the office to sign for the garage.
You will need to bring your:
- driving licence
- vehicle registration certificate (log book)
- passport or birth certificate
- rent card (if you are a Newham Council tenant)
- proof of address such as an electricity, gas, water or phone bill or a bank statement from the last three months
- bank details so that we can set up a direct debit or standing order for rent payments.
We will photocopy your documents and return them to you at the meeting.
If you are a council tenant, we will check if there any rent arrears on your account. You will not be able to rent a garage if you owe us rent or any other money, such as Council Tax.