Adult Cycle Training & Dr Bikes sessions
Based on the Government’s latest guidance for COVID-19, riders and instructors must adhere to the following to ensure safety:
- Only attend training if you and the people in your household are symptom free for 14 days
- Will follow a social distance of 2 meters at all times, avoid all physical contact and wear PPE gloves and masks
- Use hand sanitiser at the start and end of the session
- All equipment will be sterilised before and after every session/rider.
1 to 1 Adult Cycle Training
UPDATE: During the January 2021 lockdown, 1 to 1 adult cycle training sessions cannot take place and are postponed until further notice.
Whether you’re a complete beginner who feels nervous of going on roads safely, or a regular cyclist who’s looking to brush up on advanced skills, our qualified instructors will tailor the cycle training session to suit you. Sessions can also include planning and riding a safe route to work/school.
- Up to 2 x free 2-hour sessions.
- Available to those who live, work or study in Hounslow.
- You must be 16 years of age or above.
- Session delivered on a 1 rider to 1 instructor ratio.
- Refundable booking charge of a £5 deposit
Bikes - Riders are encouraged to use their own bikes and helmets however, bikes and helmets are available to borrow at no cost from Lampton Park Cycling Hub or Hanworth Cycling Hub.
Complete Beginners - Please note, if riders are unable to progress without support, the instructors may need to end the session and reschedule at a different time.
Alternatively, email email@example.com or call on 0208 980 7998.
Free Dr. Bike sessions
UPDATE: During the January 2021 lockdown, Dr Bikes will continue in line with latest Goverment guidance. From 06/06/2020 Dr Bike sessions will return in open outdoor areas following strict social distancing rules and cleaning procedures.
Mechanics will be able to check everything on your bike from wheels, brakes, gears to racks, pedals and saddles. All mechanics have a wealth of cycling knowledge and will fix any minor adjustments necessary. For any major adjustments they cannot fix, they will advise riders what needs to be done. There is no need to book, just turn up in good time and queue.
The following rules apply:
- Please wear a mask while using this service unless you are exempt
- Please ensure you social distance from the mechanics and while queuing
- The Dr Bike will take place in an outdoor space with enough room for queuing and passing
- Mechanics will wear PPE, sterilise before & after each cycle service and sterilise the parts of the cycle they touch
- There will be 2 mechanics at each session, with 1 dedicated to sterilising bikes and managing the queue
January 2021 Schedule:
Date and time
Osterley Park, Isleworth – cancelled
Saturday 2 January
Chiswick Common, Chiswick – cancelled
Saturday 9 January
Lampton Park, Hounslow
Saturday 16 January
Hanworth Air Park Leisure Centre & Library
Saturday 30 January
Alternativley, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0208 980 7998.
Free Online Cycle Skills Course
Whether you're new to cycling or just want to brush up on your skills, TfL’s free online Cycle Skills course provides easy to follow tips and advice to get you going. There are four short modules to try. And if you complete all four modules, you’ll receive a unique 15% discount code so you can save on Halfords own-brand cycle lights, locks and helmets.
- Tips to get you and your cycle prepared for the road
- How to start cycling on the road safely and responsibly
- Tips to brush up on your cycling skills
- How to cycle in a group with children or adults
What are you waiting for? register now
Road Safety Team
Transport Planning, Road Safety & Environmental Strategy
London Borough of Hounslow
7 Bath Road