Adult Cycle Training & Dr Bikes sessions
Free 1 to 1 adult cycle training
Update: Based on the Government’s latest advice and guidance on the developing situation around COVID-19, London Borough of Hounslow will be running 1 to 1 adult cycle training as of 26.05.2020. Please note all group cycle training is suspended until further notice.
Whether you’re a complete beginner who feels nervous of going on roads safely, or a regular cyclist who’s looking to brush up on advanced skills, our qualified instructors will tailor the cycle training session to suit you. Sessions can also include planning and riding a safe route to work/school.
- Available to those who live, work or study in Hounslow.
- You must be 16 years of age or above.
- Session delivered on a 1 rider to 1 instructor ratio.
- Booked at a mutually convenient location and time.
- Refundable booking charge of a £5 deposit.
- 1-hour session.
Based on the Government’s latest guidance for COVID-19, riders and instructors must adhere to the following to ensure safety:
- Only attend training if you and the people in your household are symptom free for 14 days
- Will follow a social distance of 2 meters at all times and avoid all physical contact
- Wear PPE gloves and masks (PPE can be provided)
- Use hand sanitiser at the start and end of the session
Equipment - Riders are encouraged to use their own bikes and helmets however, bikes and helmets are available at no cost from Lampton Park Cycling Hub or Hanworth Cycling Hub. All equipment will be sterilised before and after every session.
Complete Beginners - Please note, if riders are unable to progress without support, the instructors may need to end the session and reschedule at a different time.
Free Dr. Bike sessions
UPDATE: From 06/06/2020 Dr Bike sessions will return in open outdoor areas following strict social distancing rules and cleaning procedures. Details below.
Mechanics will be able to check everything on your bike from wheels, brakes, gears to racks, pedals and saddles. All mechanics have a wealth of cycling knowledge and will fix any minor adjustments necessary. For any major adjustments they cannot fix, they will advise riders what needs to be done.
The following rules apply:
- Sessions will strictly adhere to social distancing rules
- Dr Bike will take place in an outdoor space with enough room for queuing and those passing by
- There will be two mechanics at each session, with one dedicated to managing the queue and signing up people
- Mechanics will be use gloves, sterilise before and after each cycle service and sterilise the parts of the cycle they touch
- There is no need to book, just turn up and queue
August 2020 Dr Bike dates
Date and time
Osterley Park , Isleworth
Saturday 1 August
Turnham Green, Chiswick
Saturday 8 August
Lampton Park, Hounslow
Saturday 15 August
Hanworth Air Park Leisure Centre & Library
Saturday 29 August
Alternativley, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0208 980 7998.
Free Online Cycle Skills Course
TfL's online course is available for all abilities. So, whether you're a new or regular cyclist, you can improve your skills.
Improve your basic skills to feel more confident. In the course, you'll learn:
- Tips to get you and your cycle prepared for the road
- How to start cycling on the road safely and responsibly
- Tips to brush up on your cycling skills
- How to cycle in a group with children
Road Safety Team
Transport Planning, Road Safety & Environmental Strategy
London Borough of Hounslow
7 Bath Road