You can appoint another person to vote on your behalf in person at the polling station. A person appointed to vote on behalf of another elector is known as a proxy.
An appointed proxy must be 18 years old and older and currently registered to vote at an address in the UK.
How to apply
There are different application forms for a proxy vote, depending on the reason you wish to apply to vote by proxy. Please click on the appropriate link for your circumstances to download a form.
- Proxy application for a particular election only
- Proxy application for voters with disabilities
- Proxy application for voters away on an educational course on polling day
- Proxy application for voters away for work on polling day
- Proxy application for British citizens living overseas
- Proxy application for British Council employees and Crown Servants
- Proxy application for Service (Armed Forces) voters
Return your completed form to us either:
- as a scanned attachment to an email to email@example.com. Please ensure that the image is of good quality and your signature is clear. Photographs of applications will not be accepted.
- or post it to us at Electoral Services, London Borough of Hounslow, Hounslow House, 7 Bath Road, Hounslow TW3 3EB
Please note that you must print the form and provide your physical ("wet") signature using black ink within the grey box in the section of the application where it is requested before you scan and return your form. If you do not have access to a printer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will post the form to you.
The deadline for making an application for a proxy vote is 5pm, six working days before polling day. However, if you are already registered to vote by post, the deadline to change from a postal vote to a proxy vote is 5pm,11 working days before polling day.
Please note that your appointed proxy must vote in person on your behalf at the designated polling station for the address where you are registered to vote in London Borough of Hounslow. If your proxy is unable to attend your polling station, they should apply to vote by post on your behalf. Please click here for more information.
If you have any questions regarding proxy voting, please email email@example.com.