Fly-tipping is the illegal dumping of waste. The council investigates Fly-tipping on private and public land.
What information does the council need?
Important details to record are:
- the location of the dumped rubbish – either the address or local landmarks
- a description of the rubbish e.g. builders rubble, or household furniture
- the date and time that you saw the fly-tippers in action or discovered the rubbish
- a description of the people you saw (e.g. sex, hair colour, height)
- if there was a vehicle involved what was the make, model, colour and registration number and if there was any distinguishing features or signs on the vehicle
- photos of any names and addresses on waste / packaging
We will visit the scene to establish the quantity of rubbish and if it is our responsibility, we will remove it. We will also look for evidence, with a view to prosecuting offenders.
Remember, do not approach any individuals and do not put yourself in any danger.
Reporting the activity immediately will help us in our fight against this illegal activity. All the information you report is important and will be treated confidentially.
If you can also take photos as evidence please do so.
Our online form to report dumped rubbish has changed to make it easier for you to report the issue to us and quicker for us to action.
Once you click on the button to report the problem, you will need to let us know the location by clicking on the map. You can zoom into the map for further clarity. You will then need to confirm the type of land it’s on.
Please note: If the problem is on the public highway - the map will automatically direct you to Hounslow Highways website. If the issue is on Private or Housing Land, you will be directed to the Council Enforcement Team’s form where you will be asked further information.
Please be assured that any details you provide will remain confidential and we will not share them at any time.