How to send a request
Hounslow Council fully supports your right to obtain the information you would like to receive from us. We are working to provide as much of this information as possible on this website, so that you can find it without needing to submit a request for information, saving you time and saving the council both time and money that can be reinvested in delivering frontline services. It currently costs the council £371,800 annually to respond to Freedom of Information requests.
Information can be found through the following:
- The search function of this website. You can discover if the information you require is located elsewhere on this website.
- The Publication Scheme is a collection of links to information, including policies, structures, contact details and data, that the council is required to make public
- DataShare is our new searchable database of open data about the council, presented in CSV format.
If you still cannot find what you are looking for and would like to make a request for information, your request must:
- be in writing preferably using the online form below
- include sufficient detail for us to find the information you want. Time is often spent clarifying what information is actually required when a request is too vague, so please be as specific as possible; and
- include an address (preferably an e-mail address) where we can send the response. Please use your real name, rather than a pseudonym or initials.
It would be helpful if you could provide details such as a telephone number or an e-mail address in case we need to contact you.
There are several ways in which you can request information: