Community Solutions - Cost of Living Marketplace Privacy Notice
The London Borough of Hounslow is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Through this Privacy Notice we have sought to be as transparent as possible and fully explain how your personal data is held and processed.
This privacy notice applies to the Cost of Living Marketplace hosted by Community Solutions and tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or any concerns about how we process your data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8583 2211. The privacy notice will continue to be monitored and updated. You are advised to check this page from time to time.
What type of information we have?
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Phone number
- Email address
How do we get your information?
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for the following reasons:
- You have attended a Community Solutions Cost of Living Marketplace event and have provided your contact details via a form so we can contact you about future Community Solutions Cost of Living Marketplace events, and this information will not be used in conjunction to any other personal information we may hold about you
- You have attended a Community Solutions Cost of Living Marketplace event and have provided your postcode via a form. Postcode information will not be linked to any other information held by us or provided by you. This is to specifically identify the area you are from, so as to better plan the location of future such events, and this information will not be used in conjunction to any other personal information we may hold about you
If it is not disproportionate or prejudicial, we’ll contact you to let you know we are processing your personal information.
Our Lawful basis for processing your information
The lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is set out in the Data Protection Act 2018 – the UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Consent - The individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose – GDPR Article 6 - 1(a)
You can remove your consent at any time by contacting via email email@example.com) or telephone (020 8583 2211). We will action your request within 72hrs of receipt.
Why we need your information (purposes of processing)
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes:
- To provide you with details about future Cost of Living Marketplace events, and this information will not be used in conjunction to any other personal information we may hold about you
- We are collecting postcodes to analyse which places in the borough we are reaching and where we may need to target a future event. Postcode information will not be linked to any other information held by us or provided by you. This is to specifically identify the area you are from, so as to better plan the location of future such events and this information will not be used in conjunction to any other personal information we may hold about you
- We are also collecting postcodes to gain an understanding of and identify where people with an interest in the Cost of Living Marketplace events and issues surrounding the cost of living crisis are from in the borough
Who your information may be shared with (internally and externally)?
We will not be sharing your name and contact details and this data will remain with the Community Solutions team.
We will not be sharing any of your data externally. We will share your postcode with the Community Partnerships Unit and the Policy and Insight team in the Assistant Chief Executive directorate at the London Borough of Hounslow.
We will strive to ensure that any personal data in our care will be kept safe and that where your information is disclosed to the internal teams specified, we will seek to ensure that they have sufficient systems and procedures in place to prevent the loss or damage of personal data.
How long we keep your information
We will keep all information for a maximum period of 12 months from the date information is collected. You will only receive Cost of Living Marketplace notification emails from us up to 12 months from the date we receive you consent and contact details.
If information is shared via paper, we will upload onto our secure system after the event and dispose of the paper securely.
We will dispose your information in our system in the most secure manner possible when the maximum period of retention has passed or if you have withdrawn consent.
Transfers to third countries
All the information you provide us is held within the UK.
Business Intelligence, Profiling and Analysis
We may use your postcode to improve services and for the following purposes;
- determine potential locations to target for future Cost of Living Marketplace events
- understand and identify where people with an interest in the Cost of Living Marketplace events and issues surrounding the cost of living crisis are from in the borough
The council is however committed to using anonymised information as much as is practical, and in many cases, this will be the default position.
Anonymisation is the process of removing identifying particulars or details.
Your data protection rights
The rights available to you depend on our reason for processing your information. For further information about your data protection rights and how to make a request, please see ‘Your rights’.
Your right to make a complaint
The Council tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
If you want to make a complaint you can contact us on:
London Borough of Hounslow
7 Bath Road
Data Protection Officer
The Council’s Data Protection Officer can be contacted on:
Information Governance Team
London Borough of Hounslow
7 Bath Road
Information Commissioner’s Office
The Information Commissioner is the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights.
If you would like to know more about your rights under the Data Protection law, and what you should expect, visit the Information Commissioner’s website: https://ico.org.uk/
If you have any concerns regarding any privacy practices or about exercising your Data Protection rights, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545 745
A full list of what information we control and process and for what purposes is set out in our notification with the Information Commissioner's Register of Data Controllers. Our registration number is Z5761176. You can view our registration on the Information Commissioner's website.