Being a foster carer is one of the most rewarding jobs you can do. As well as making a real difference to the life of a baby, child or young person, Hounslow Council offers one of the most competitive recruitment and retention packages in London. Alongside financial benefits, all our carers are offered a wealth of training and development opportunities, from short courses to NVQs.
Our carers receive:
- an allowance of up to £868 per fortnight per child
- a refund on council tax paid while a child is in your care
- 24-7 telephone support and a named social worker who is always there when you need them
- Fusion leisure pass (free access to the borough’s leisure centres and classes)
- Annual Merlin pass (free entry to 30 of the UK’s top attractions, including Legoland, Alton Towers and Madame Tussauds).
Find out what our carers say about their caring roles here.