Local land charges

When you buy a property or land, you or your solicitor should contact us to make sure there are no restrictions (charges) that would affect you building or developing there.

These could be charges like

  • existing planning permission
  • environmental notices
  • tree preservation orders

How to request

Local searches can only be submitted via a solicitor on the appropriate forms.

And you can now request specific CON29R information.

All local search requests should also be submitted with one plan.

Current fees

All fees are now inclusive of VAT.



Standard residential search (LLC1 and Con 29 Part 1)


Standard non-residential search


LLC1 only


Each part 2 enquiry


Each additional parcel of land




How to pay

  • all cheques should be payable to London Borough of Hounslow.
  • personal cheques from clients are not accepted.

Send forms to

Local Land Charges
London Borough of Hounslow
Hounslow House
7 Bath Road

For any further information regarding your search results please contact the originating department directly using the contact details provided on the Con29 (Appendix A)

Personal Searches

Personal Searches can be collected on Tuesday's and Thursday's from the Hounslow House Business Visitor's desk, between 9am - 4:45pm. On entering the building the Business Visitor's Desk  is located on the left.

Personal Searches have to be booked in prior to collection via email. Personal Searches need to be booked in the previous day by 11am. Please wait for confirmation from a member of the Local Land Charges Team before arriving at Hounslow House for collection.

Contact us

Email landcharges@hounslow.gov.uk

Telephone 020 8583 2094 or 020 8583 2093

Personal Search Queries 020 8583 4331

rating button