When can my child start school?
Date of birth
Start or transfer
01/09/2015 - 31/08/2016
Start reception September 2020
|1 Sep 2019 – 15 Jan 2020|
01/09/2016 - 31/08/2017
Start reception September 2021
|1 Sep 2020 – 15 Jan 2021|
If your child is born between 1 September 2015 and 31 August 2016 your child will start school in September 2020.
You must apply online using eAdmissions.
The closing date is 15 January 2020.
Before making your application
- read our ‘Starting School in Hounslow’ brochure.
- Download our information guide
- check how reception places were allocated last year.
- read the eAdmissions guidance leaflet
If you do not live in the London Borough of Hounslow, you will need to apply through your own council.
Admission Drop in Sessions
If you need support with your application, you can come to one of our drop-in sessions at
Hounslow House, 7 Bath Road, Hounslow, TW3 3EB.
These will be held every Wednesday from 2 October 2019 from 10am – 2pm.
Supplementary Information Forms
Some schools (such as faith schools) require you to complete their own Supplementary Information Form (SIF) in addition to Hounslow's Common Application Form (online application). See the Primary School Supplementary Information form page.
Submitting a late application greatly reduces your chance of getting a place at one of your preferred schools. Late applications will be processed after the first allocation of places to on-time applicants on 16 April 2020.
- 1 September 2019 – applications opens.
- From 2 October 2019 – drop-in session every Wednesday from 10am - 2pm at Hounslow House, 7 Bath Road, Hounslow, TW3 3EB.
- 15 January 2020 – closing date for applications for reception class and Year 3 entry to Junior schools.
- 16 April 2020 – National Offer Day.
- 30 April 2020 – last day to accept or not accept the school place offered.
7 Bath Road
Telephone: 020 8583 2711