Appeals: Council Tax support claim

If you disagree with a decision made by us about your Council Tax support claim, you can:

  • ask us to explain or look again at the decision
  • provide any extra details and evidence to support your claim
  • appeal to the Valuation Tribunal service

Please complete our online form below, giving as much detail as possible. 

Appeal a decision

Please complete all sections and give detailed reasons for your appeal.

Valuation Tribunal appeals

You can appeal against our decision not to award you Council Tax support, or appeal against the amount we have awarded you.

You cannot appeal against the Council Tax support scheme itself.

First of all you must ask us to look at the decision again and you can only appeal to the Valuation Tribunal:

  • after we have written back to you confirming whether or not we have changed our decision
  • if you haven’t heard back from us within two months of us receiving your notice

Your appeal must be made within two months of us confirming whether or not we have changed our decision and not later than four months after we received your notice.You may have to make a new claim if there is a delay of more than one month in providing the information.

Website: Valuation Tribunal Service 

rating button