Advocacy Under the Care Act
There are 2 qualifying criteria:
- the person has substantial difficulty in being fully involved with their assessment, care and support planning and review or safeguarding
- there is no one appropriate and available to support their engagement in assessment process and represent their wishes
The local authority can refer for independent advocacy support for an individual aged 18+ who will experience “substantial difficulty” for any stage of any of the following:
- needs assessment,
- a carer’s assessment,
- the preparation of a care and support plan or support plan,
- a review of care and support plan or support plan,
- a safeguarding enquiry or review.
Any clients whom Hounslow are responsible for and are within Hounslow or neighbouring London Boroughs.