Independent Mental Health Advocacy (IMHA)
IMHA is a free, confidential and independent service for qualifying patients
If you have been placed under non-temporary sections of the Mental Health Act and are detained within Hounslow, you can use this service if you are:
- Currently detained under the Mental Health Act. For example, under sections 2 or 3. We are not able to support if you are detained under some short term sections, for example, sections 4, 5, 135 and 136.
- Wish to know your appeal rights, apply for hearing or tribunal
- Subject to Guardianship, Conditional Discharge or a Community Treatment Order
- Considering certain treatments which have been suggested to you.
POhWER promotes good practice by delivering an opt out service for clients
Inpatient Mental Health Community Advocacy Service
Inpatient Community Service is eligible to all qualifying patients who are:
- Hounslow residents AND
- an inpatient in a psychiatric unit in the borough AND
- 18+ years of age
We can ONLY accept referrals for community service from NHS/LA staff, inpatients cannot refer themselves.