Hounslow Council is hosting a new awards event – One Hounslow Community Stars – to recognise and celebrate residents, voluntary groups and businesses who go above and beyond for their communities.
Published: Tuesday, 9th May 2023
It will take place in Hounslow House in July and the Council is asking for nominations for people or organisations who make an outstanding contribution to the borough, improving and enriching the lives of others.
Council Leader, Councillor Shantanu Rajawat, said:
“Hounslow has a thriving voluntary and community sector and I’m constantly amazed by its breadth and depth, the quiet army who give up their time and the variety of support provided. But One Hounslow Community Stars is also about recognising dutiful neighbours, businesses that give back and environmentally aware residents.
“We cannot do this without the community backing its stars. So please nominate people and organisations you think make a difference.”
There are no specific categories, but there are a broad set of themes conveying the type of people the Council wants to recognise to help guide nominations. These are:
- Community & Neighbourhood - Those who help their neighbours, create community spirit, and foster a local support network.
- Green - Someone who’s driven to improve their local area, supporting, and educating communities to think green, respect their environment and work together.
- Social Enterprise - A local business which gives back, supporting residents, communities, or its neighbourhood beyond its core business.
- Young Leader - An under 25-year-old who goes above and beyond for their community or peers.
- Arts and Culture - A person or group which enriches our borough and the lives of others through culture.
An individual or group may meet one or several themes. The most important thing is that the person nominating feels like they make an outstanding contribution to our borough and its communities. Winners will receive a certificate and a trophy.
Full details, further inspiration, and a link to nominate your community stars can be found at https://www.hounslow.gov.uk/communitystars . The closing date is Friday 2 June.
There will also be opportunities for residents to nominate with forms in public libraries around the borough and in Hounslow House. Nominations can be made in languages other than English.