Becoming a British citizen is a significant event; we see your citizenship ceremony as an opportunity to celebrate. In acquiring British citizenship, you will be joining a community made up of many different backgrounds, cultures and faiths. Each new citizen can fulfil their own potential and enrich our society; we look forward to welcoming you.
Our online system allows you to book an appointment for your citizenship ceremony.
You DO NOT need to email your appointment, instead you simply use our online booking form.
If you have received a decision letter from the Home Office, it asks you to wait for the invitation letter before you contact your local authority to arrange the ceremony.
Things to have ready before you book your ceremony
- Your invitation letter or email from the Home Office instructing you to contact the London Borough of Hounslow to book your ceremony.
- Your full name as on your Home Office Letter
- Your Home Office reference number
- Do you wish to book a private or a group ceremony? A private ceremony has an additional charge of £250.00
- Decide whether you would like to say the Oath or the Affirmation? You will find further details about this in your Home Office invitation.
- Your ceremony must be conducted within three months.
Group ceremonies currently have a waiting time of a minimum of 8 - 10 weeks.
A private citizenship ceremony
Private citizenship ceremonies can be arranged on request. They are conducted on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
The fees are as follows:
- Rose Room - £250.00 - the room holds up to 30 people, including delegates.
- Your appointment is allocated for 30 minutes, which includes check-in and exit.
If you would like any of your guests to say a few words or a reading then please inform us by email once you have booked your ceremony.
On the day of your ceremony
Please bring these documents to your appointment – if you do not have all of the requested documents you cannot complete your ceremony.
- Current valid passport/I.D.
- Invitation letter from the Home Office – this must be a paper version – either your original invitation letter or a printout of your invitation email from the Home Office (please do not confuse this with your booking confirmation email).
- We are still encouraging our customers to wear a face covering to group citizenship ceremonies as you will be in a large group with people from outside your usual circle.
London Borough of Hounslow
38-40 Harlington Road West
When using a sat nav, house number must be used with postcode to locate us.
General office opening hours
- Monday: 9am - 4.30pm
- Tuesday: 9am - 4.30pm
- Wednesday: 9am -12pm only
- Thursday: 9am - 4.30pm
- Friday: 9am - 4.30pm