In acquiring British citizenship, you will be joining a community made up of many different backgrounds, cultures and faiths.
Becoming a British citizen is a significant event; we see your citizenship ceremony as an opportunity to celebrate.
If you have received a decision letter from the Home Office it asks you to wait for the invitation letter before you contact your local authority to arrange the ceremony. Your invitation letter will be emailed to you by the Home Office and requested to be presented at the time of your citizenship ceremony.
How To Book Your Ceremony
Please email the citizenship team at: email@example.com including all of the following important information in your email;
- Have you received an invitation letter or email from the Home Office instructing you to contact the London Borough of Hounslow to book your ceremony?
- Please provide your full name
- Please provide your Home Office reference number
- Do you wish to book a private or a group ceremony? Please indicate which in your email subject bar.
- Have you chosen to say the Oath or the Affirmation? You will find further details about this in your Home Office invitation.
- Are there any dates that you are unavailable for a ceremony?
Group ceremonies currently have a waiting time of a minimum of 8 - 10 weeks.
The citizenship team will respond to you as soon as possible. If you have received an automatic response, your email has been received and will contact you. There is currently unprecedented demand for this service so thank you in advance for your patience at this time. We ask you for your understanding by refraining from sending repeat emails, as this will slow down the response time for everyone.
Important Information regarding your Home Office invitation
As there is a backlog of ceremonies from the closures caused by the pandemic, the Home Office has granted an extension to all delegates who receive an invitation. This means that you do not have to book your ceremony within 21 days, and you have three extra months to have your ceremony, from the date stated on your invitation letter.
The private citizenship ceremony
Private citizenship ceremonies can be arranged on request Monday - Saturday.
The fees are as follows:
- Jasmine Room - £250.00 - the room is licensed for up to 8 people, including delegates. The room is located on the first floor.
If you would like any of your guests to say a few words or a reading then please inform us when booking your ceremony.
Fees are payable by card on the day of your ceremony.
London Borough of Hounslow
38-40 Harlington Road West
When using a sat nav, house number must be used with postcode to locate us.
General office opening hours
- Monday: 9am - 4.30pm
- Tuesday: 9am - 4.30pm
- Wednesday: 9am -12pm only
- Thursday: 9am - 4.30pm
- Friday: 9am - 4.30pm
UK Border Agency https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/uk-visas-and-immigration