My Independence - advice, information and support
If you are worried about homelessness, struggling to manage at home because of age, illness or disability, or have another issue that affects your ability to live independently such as debt or unemployment, you can contact My Independence.
Our Advisors can put you in touch with advice and information on services offered by Hounslow Council, the NHS, and community based organisations. They will develop a personalised plan and provide wide-ranging support to help you regain your independence.
My Independence is the first point of contact within Homelessness, Independence and Preventative Services (HIPS).
How can we help?
The Team can help with a wide variety of issues including:
- housing advice and support to prevent homelessness
- mediation with landlords to prevent eviction
- guidance on accessing the private rented sector
- advice on housing suitability including sheltered and supported accommodation options
- support for vulnerable clients
- advice on benefits, budgeting and money difficulties including falling behind with rent and bills
- information on vocational training and work opportunities
- information on what health and community based services might be available to help people live life to the fullest
- support with blue badge and freedom pass applications
- access to floating (practical) support
- support for carers
Who can use the My Independence service?
You can use My Independence if you:
- are aged 16 years and over
- live in the London Borough of Hounslow or
- look after someone who lives in Hounslow as their carer
Contact My Independence
You should not wait until you are in crisis before picking up the phone; contact us as early as possible for advice and support.
The My Independence Service is available Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm.
Telephone: 020 8583 3942