The disabled freedom pass allows you to travel for free on buses, trains, trams, DLR and even Thames river services.
You must be over five years of age and a permanent resident in the London Borough of Hounslow.
You'll also need to fulfil at least one of the following:
- severely sight impaired (blind) or sight impaired (partially sighted)
- profoundly or severely deaf
- without speech
- do not have arms or have long-term loss of the use of both arms
- be in a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind. This includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning
- your disability prevents you applying for a drivers licence
- you receive the higher rate mobility component of the disability living allowance
- have a disability, or have suffered and injury, which has a substantial and long-term effect on your ability to walk. Temporary conditions, such as broken leg, do not qualify.
How to apply
You simply need to complete an application form and send it back with the required information.
- Download, print, and post disabled persons freedom pass application form here or you can pick up a copy of the form at Hounslow House.
- proof of name, age and address
- passport-sized photo
When you can use your pass
- In London: free anytime on any tube, bus or tram services in London.
- National Rail: free (inside London) between 9.30am and 4.30am the following morning (weekdays), and anytime during the weekends and public holidays.
- Thames river services: half price fare after 9am Monday to Friday. Half price all day weekends and public holidays.
To find out which routes Freedom Pass holders can travel free for 24 hours download the Freedom Pass travel map for the whole of London
Find out more by visiting the London Councils website.
The freedom pass is free to apply for and free to use. If you travel outside of Greater London, you may have to pay extra costs.
Holders of Senior and Disabled Persons Railcards may be able to obtain a discount on the price of extension tickets.
Lost/ stolen cards
A replacement card costs £12. If your card was stolen and you have a crime reference number, it'll be replaced for free.
Telephone 0300 330 1433 to get a replacement pass
Contact us or change your details/ address
If you've moved house, or your details have changed.
Telephone 020 8583 3073
You can read more information on the London Councils website
AccessAble (formerly DisabledGo) - access information for facilities and venues in Hounslow
Dial-a-ride - free bookable transport scheme
Shopmobility - Hounslow Community Transport