We recognise that the information you provide may be sensitive and we will respect your confidentiality. We keep information about you confidential. This means we store it securely and control who has access to it. We will not share any information where we are not legally required to do so.
We will only share such information as necessary and where we are satisfied that the other organisation is entitled to receive it and will keep your information secure.
Here are some examples of who your information may be shared with:
- Your GP, other health or council staff, including schools
- Within the council or with other councils who provide services to you
- The housing department or housing agencies, such as housing associations or the council's Arms length housing management organisation
- The Department for Work and Pensions, JobCentre Plus or the Pension Service to help with benefit claims
- Your next of kin or main carer, named advocate, lasting or enduring power of attorney
- Others who have parental responsibility for your children
- The private and voluntary sectors, to deliver some of the services which meet assessed needs
- Immigration Services
- Occasionally we are obliged by law to pass on information to central government offices, the police and other emergency service providers, such as the fire service
If an organisation is delivering services on the council's behalf, we may need to share information with them.
You can choose not to share your information with all or some of these organisations. However, if you restrict who we share the information with it may not be possible to provide you with a service.
You have the right to see information held on you by the council. This can be done by completing the following online form: