Get help managing your council tenancy

We offer support to tenants who are experiencing difficulties managing their tenancies.

We encourage you to contact us straightaway to prevent problems getting worse. We will provide the support you need to help you remain in your home and regain your independence.

We believe you should:

  • feel safe in your home
  • not feel isolated
  • have access to tailored support when you need it
  • have access to up-to-date information
  • be listened to and treated with dignity, respect and fairness

What we can help with

We will support you with any issues that are making it hard for you to remain in your home. Sometimes we will need to refer you to other teams to get the specific type of support you need. We will always ask you before doing this.

You may need support with:

  • money and benefits issues
  • rent arrears
  • debt 
  • difficulties keeping your property in a safe and liveable state (clutter, hoarding)
  • mental health difficulties
  • drug or alcohol dependency
  • difficulties living in your home due to domestic abuse, tenancy hijack or other criminal matters
  • difficulties understanding your tenancy rights and responsibilities 
  • little or no experience of holding a tenancy
  • being at risk of court proceedings or eviction

There may be other reasons you need help to stay in your home. Don’t wait until you are in a crisis. If you think you need help, do reach out. 


This service is available to council tenants (including those placed in temporary accommodation via the council) and is free of charge. 

If you are not a council tenant but are in need of support, please contact Hounslow Life floating support service.

How to get help

Contact your housing officer to ask for a referral to our tenancy sustainment team. If you don't know who your housing officer is, you can find this in your tenancy agreement. 

If you are still unsure, email us at

rating button