Hounslow’s Procurement team supports the council to deliver contracts for goods, works or services by carrying out a robust procurement process from start to finish. Our aim is to meet the needs of the borough by working closely with our service areas and assist in delivering successful relationships with suppliers. From market engagement, to tendering, specification, award criteria, publication of works, evaluation, contract award we deliver the best possible outcome for our borough. We work with a wide variety of stakeholders with the procurement principles at the heart of what we do.
Our work is governed by the Public Contract Regulations 2015 and we have our own contract procedure rules.
The procurement of supplies, services and works of any value must;
- at all times provide value for money
- be undertaken in a fair, transparent, equal and non-discriminatory manner
- not involve fraud or corruption
- follow a transparent process which is fully auditable in writing
- adhere to ethical procurement principles
- receive the appropriate approval to award a contract
- have a signed, sealed contract in place
- contract management performance measures in the contract
- ensure delivery of social value requirements.