Violence Against Women and Girls and Domestic Abuse

In an emergency

  • If you're in immediate danger dial 999.
  • If it is not safe for you to speak and ask for the police, you can dial 55.
  • If you call 999 but you don’t speak or cannot answer any questions, press 55 when prompted and your call will be transferred to the police.
  • Pressing 55 only works on mobiles and doesn't allow the police to track your location. If you don't press 55 your call will be ended.
  • You will then be put through to your local police force, the police call handler will attempt to communicate with you by asking simple yes or no questions. If you are not able to speak, listen carefully to the questions and instructions from the call handler so they can assess your call and arrange help if needed.
  • If you are not in immediate danger and would like to report to the Police you can call 101 or go online - website


rating button