If you need a skip placed on a road it is the skip company's responsibility to apply for a skip permit. Skip hire companies need to apply for a permit before placing a skip on the road.
An unlicensed skip is liable for a fine (or fixed penalty notice), and removal or prosecution.
Rules you must follow:
- no skip should be placed on the pavement or verge
- skip hire companies cannot cross the pavement to deliver skips
- the skip must be lifted over the pavement by a loading device
- if the road is damaged when transporting the skip, the skip hire company will be responsible for the cost of repairs
- a skip permit is not required for occupation on private land
- if in doubt, we advise residents to seek permission from the landowner.
You also report an unauthorised skip to us, if you feel it had been parked there illegally, not being emptied or is dangerous.
Office hours: Monday to Friday - 9am-4pm