Coronavirus (COVID-19) service update
Face-to-face drop-in sessions are currently suspended. The Team is still available to offer support to anyone with social care needs suffering with and experiencing mental health difficulties by telephone on 020 8583 3003 (Ext.1) or by email.
Who we are
The Council’s Adult Locality Mental Health Team (ALMHT) aims to prevent deterioration in the mental health of Hounslow residents, increase the wellbeing of communities and support the recovery of residents with long term mental illness.
The team is made up of mental health social care professionals who undertake individual case work and community development aiming to reduce isolation, promote independence and mental wellbeing.
What we do
Under the umbrella of recovery and prevention, Adult Locality Menta Health workers base themselves in local community spaces – this is to engage individuals who would not usually seek support for their mental health needs and/or who would wait for a crisis in their emotional wellbeing before seeking help.
This model is based on the belief that the residents of Hounslow deserve access to the support they require at a time that is right for them, in a place that is convenient for them. Having a visible presence in local community spaces also serves to promote emotional wellbeing for both individuals and communities, as well as to reduce stigma, discrimination and isolation.
The ALMHT work alongside health colleagues in Primary and Secondary Care as well as other stakeholders to link individuals with community support that maintain mental wellness, prevents or delays the development of social care needs that require a formal social support intervention. The ALMHT also is closely aligned to the Primary Care Mental Health Service (PCMHS) provided by West London Mental Health NHS Trust.
Where we are and how to get help
Whilst our main base is at London Borough of Hounslow, Hounslow House, we have ‘Healthy Minds’ drop-ins currently up and running where residents are welcome to see a mental health professional:
- The Hub, 93 Salisbury Road, TW4 7NW on the second and fourth Thursday of every month from 10am to 12 noon
- St Paul’s Church, Bath Road, Hounslow West, TW3 3DA on the first and third Wednesday of every month from 9.30 am to 11:30 am.
- BridgeLink Centre, Summerwood Road, Isleworth,TW7 7QU on the first and third Thursday of every month from 9.30 am to 12 noon.
- Riverside Vineyard Church, Air Park Way,Feltham TW13 7LX on second and third Thursday of every month 10 am to 12 noon.
Adult residents are welcome to attend any of our ‘Healthy Minds’ drop-ins when they are worried about their own, or someone else’s, mental health. No appointment is necessary.
Residents are also able to be referred to the Adult Locality Mental Health Team (ALMHT) or to self-refer, by calling 020 8583 3003 (Ext.1) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hounslow Council, Hounslow House, 7 Bath Road, Hounslow, TW3 3EB (directions displayed on map)
- The Hub, 93 Salisbury Road, TW4 7NW (directions displayed on map)
- St Paul's Church, Bath Road, Hounslow West, TW3 3DA (directions displayed on map)
- View our all six locations
Hounslow Council Adult Locality Mental Health Team (ALMHT)