In certain circumstances, you can appoint someone else to vote for you. This is called a proxy vote. The person voting on behalf of the elector is known as the proxy. There are certain qualifications and restrictions affecting who can be appointed as a proxy. These are detailed on the application form.
How to apply
There are different application forms for a proxy vote, depending on the reason you wish to apply to vote by proxy. Please click on the appropriate link for your circumstances to download a form.
- Proxy application for a particular election only
- Proxy application for voters with disabilities
- Proxy application for voters away on an educational course on polling day
- Proxy application for voters away for work on polling day
- Proxy application for registered Overseas Electors
- Proxy application for registered British Council employees and Crown Servants
- Proxy application for registered Service (Armed Forces) voters
Return your completed form to us either by:
- Email to email@example.com. This can be a scanned copy or a photograph, but please ensure that the image is legible.
- or post it to us at Electoral Services, London Borough of Hounslow, Hounslow House, 7 Bath Road, Hounslow TW3 3EB.
The deadline for making an application for a proxy vote is 5pm, six working days before an election. However, if an elector is already registered to vote by post, the deadline to apply to vote by proxy instead is 5pm,11 working days before an election.
If you have any questions regarding proxy voting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.