Competitive pay, market supplement and expenses
We offer competitive salaries with the opportunity to apply for career progression
- Newly Qualified Social Work from £31,794 to £ 33,282
- Social Worker from £33,282 to £38,994
- Senior Practitioner from £35,991 £38,994
- Advanced Social Worker Practitioner from £38,994 to £44,691
- Assistant Team Managers from £41,847 to £46,578
- Team Managers £49,458 to £54,549
Market Supplement Payments: The London Borough of Hounslow provides payment of market supplements for certain social work staffing groups and posts.
- A market supplement is an addition to the basic pay of a post. Market supplement payments are not a permanent supplement and are subject to an annual review of an individual’s performance.
Relocation expenses – We offer up to £8 000 for candidates who meet the criteria.
- Annual leave – Generous annual leave entitlements starting from 24 days and rising to max 30 days. In addition, all staff are entitled to Bank Holidays and 3 days Christmas closure
- Enhanced maternity leave – Up to 52 weeks off after the birth of the baby and the option of a phased return over 3 months
- Shared parental leave – Up to 50 weeks’ shared parental leave can be shared between the mother and partner, paid at statutory SPL rates.
- Paternity Leave – Up to two weeks paid* leave (*subject to continuous service)
- Parental Leave – Up to 18 weeks’ unpaid leave in relation to a child before their 8 birthday (18 if child is disabled)
- Flexible working – Including job share and part-time working options
- WorkSmart scheme – Introduced across most Council services, this scheme gives employees greater flexibility around managing their own workloads.