Free and funded childcare for two year olds
If you are a working family and the below criteria does not apply to you, you could get the new offer of 15 hours of free childcare from April 2024. Read more here...
Families with 2 year olds may be able to get free and funded childcare and early learning at an Ofsted registered private day nursery, pre-school or with a childminder if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- Universal Credit and not working
- Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments
- your incomes is £16,190 a year or less, and:
- are in receipt of child tax credit, working tax credit (or both)
- are in receipt of the working tax credit 4 week run on
If you meet the qualifying criteria above, your child will become eligible from the term after their second birthday for up to 15 hours of free and funded childcare each week.
If you think your 2 year old child might be eligible for free and funded childcare and early learning, apply today.
If you are having problems checking your eligibility and need support with this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8583 6421.
Other Qualifying Criteria
You are also able to receive free and funded childcare and early learning if :
- your child has an Education, Health and Care plan (EHCP)
- your child receives disability living allowance
- your child is looked after by the local authority; or
- has left care under a special guardianship order, child arrangement order or adoption order
If you’re a non- UK citizen who cannot claim benefits
If your immigration status says you have ‘no recourse to public funds’, you may still get free and funded childcare for your 2-year-old.
Your household income must be no more than:
- £34,500 for families with one child
- £38,600 for families with two or more children
You cannot have more than £16,000 in savings or investments.
If your child meets any of the 'other qualifying criteria', please call us directly 020 8583 6421.