Every child in reception, year one and year two will be given a free nutritious meal at lunch time.
- infant pupils in maintained infant and primary schools
- free schools
- schools for pupils with special educational needs
- and pupil referral units
Your children are entitled to free school meals if you receive one of the below benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit and have an annual income of no more than £7,400
- Child Tax Credit, but not entitled to a Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) of no more than £16,190
- Guaranteed Element of State Pension Credit
- or are being supported by the National Asylum Support Service (NASS)
If your child is attending any of the following schools, you must enquire and apply directly to the school.
- Springwest Academy
- Rivers Academy
- Reach Academy
- Free schools and independent schools
- Outer borough Academies
Applications for free school meals cannot be backdated.
- the form needs to be completed fully in a single visit, there is no means to save progress and revisit at a later date
- you will need your National Insurance Number or National Asylum Support Service Number; and
- basic name and date of birth details for the children you are applying for and the schools they attend.
Children in other school years
- If you are on certain benefits and have children in schools maintained by us, you may be able to claim for free school meals.
- If you have children in a school which is not maintained by us, you should ask the school about how to apply for free school meals.
Telephone: 020 3949 7743