CV and Interview Support
Creating a CV
Looking to build your CV? Check out the CV Builder by Careers Coach to build a custom professional CV, with suggested tasks and skills based on real job descriptions that match your experience and desired jobs.
Writing a Cover Letter
Sending a cover letter along with your application is the best way to make yourself stand out.
A cover letters is a short (typically no more than half a page of A4) introduction for the employer telling them who you are, why you're applying for the position, and most importantly why they should consider you.
Want to learn how to write a great cover letter? Get in touch with Connexions and we can help.
Interviews give the employer an opportunity to ask you questions about your experience, skills, strengths and personality. They are also a great way for you to ask questions and find out if the job suits you!
For further guidance visit our video and telephone interviews webpage.
Speak to Connexions and our experienced team for tailored employment advice and interview preparation.
As part of the recruitment process, employers are increasingly using pre-employment testing as a part of their hiring process to understand if you are the right person for the job.
There can be of various types and can include:
- Verbal Reasoning - Testing your understanding of English
- Numerical Reasoning - The ability to work with numbers
- Abstract Reasoning - Reasoning skills without words or numbers
- Personality Testing - Understanding if your personality fits the job description and company values
- Situational Judgement - understanding response to scenarios that could happen at work
For help with assessments get in touch with Connexions.