Moving home and Council Tax

Moving in

If you're moving into the London Borough of Hounslow, you will need to let us know immediately, so that we can prepare your correct bill.

Tell us if you're moving to Hounslow

We will need the following information:

  • the full postal address and postcode of your new property as well as the date you bought your property or started your tenancy there
  • the date you are moving in, if this differs from the above
  • the full names of anyone living in the property aged 18 or over
  • if you are the owner, we may ask for the name and address of your solicitors, and the forwarding address of the previous owner
  • if you are the tenant, we will need to know the name and address of your landlord.

Please note: we will aim to send you your Council Tax bill within 14 days of your account being set up.

Moving out

Please let us know when you move home, so we don't bill you for services you no longer receive.

Notify us of your intention to move

Once you have moved home, please don’t forget to add or take your name off the electoral register. You can do this by visiting website.

For information provided by your new local authority, you can refer to the information provided by You can also make use of a free, national change of address service.

rating button