Suspending your claim for Council Tax

We may suspend your claim when you, your partner or a member of your household have had a change in circumstances or if we think there may have been a change that you have not told us about.

You will not receive any further payments until you have provided us with proof of your, your partner’s or your household’s new circumstances.

You will have one month from the date on our suspension letter to provide us with the relevant proof. Our letter will tell you what you need to provide.

If you do not provide us with the relevant proof, or sufficient proof, we will assume that the change in circumstances means that you do not qualify for council tax support. This could also mean that you may be overpaid council tax support.

You may have to make a new claim if there is a delay of more than one month in providing the information.

rating button