Council Tax appeals

You may appeal if you do not believe you should be liable to pay council tax. 

For example:   

  • You do not own or live in the property 
  • Your property is exempt
  • We have made a mistake in calculating your bill.

If you wish to appeal for one of these reasons listed above, please complete the form and one of our team will review your request.

Make an appeal

Making an appeal does not allow you to withhold payment of council tax.

Whilst your appeal is being processed you should continue to make payments as outlined on your bill. If your appeal is successful, you will be entitled to a refund of any overpaid tax.

Make a payment

If you do not receive a decision on your appeal within 2 months of writing, or you disagree with the decision you have received, you can appeal to:

Doncaster Valuation Tribunal
Hepworth House
2 Trafford Court

Telephone: 0300 123 2035

Facsimile: 01302 321447


rating button