Free Trees for Hounslow
Free Trees for Hounslow 23/24 is now open for sign-up!
Hounslow Council is committed to significantly reducing the borough’s carbon footprint, and has pledged to plant 22,500 trees by 2026. Local communities are encouraged to get more involved with the environment in which they live.
This year, the Council is giving away 750 free fruit trees to residents and schools, as well as expanding the offer to local faith and community groups.
Equipping residents of all ages with the knowledge to help shape a sustainable, cleaner, and greener borough is an important part of the borough’s climate action. Tree planting is an immensely rewarding activity which promotes health and wellbeing as well as pride and ownership within a community.
The types of trees available are:
- Jonagold Apple
- Victoria Plum - (Sold out for Residents)
- Brown Turkey Fig (Sold out for Residents)
- Conference Pear
- Van Cherry (Sold out for Residents)
Trees will be approximately 60cm in height. All trees will come in a pot and will need to be taken out and planted into the ground during their dormant stages. Please note that all trees are available on a first come, first served basis.
There will be 3 collection events within the borough, each between 10am - 1:30pm.
Full details will be provided once your tree has been allocated.
• Sunday, 3 December: Feltham Arenas Parklands.
• Sunday, 14 January: Boston Manor Park, Brentford.
• Sunday, 21 January: Turnham Green, Chiswick.
Terms and Conditions
• One tree per household
• Applicants must be a Hounslow resident, or a representative of a faith/community group or school located in Hounslow.
• Tree must be planted within Hounslow
Before you register
• Think about where you'll plant your young tree; consider the size and spread of the species of tree you are interested in.
• Have a look into care tips on how to plant and care for a young tree .
• If you can’t plant a tree yourself, ask family or friends to help you.
How to register for your FREE tree
• If you don’t already have one, create a Greentalk account. Residents have a separate form to school and faith/community groups. Please visit Greentalk and follow the instructions.
After you have planted your tree
We’d love to hear about how your tree is doing; tag us on social media, use the hashtag #freetreesforHounslow, or email email@example.com with pictures of your trees.