Air Quality Action Plan 2023 - 2028 Consultation: have your say
Submit your feedback online
Attend the Hounslow Council Air Quality Workshop
Hounslow Council are hosting a resident workshop to discuss the AQAP 2023 - 2028. If you are interested in attending please sign up here.
Background to the Air Quality Action Plan 2023 - 2028
The Council is required to publish an updated Air Quality Action Plan every 5 years, with this documenting out Hounslow’s plans to reduce air pollution and clean up the borough’s air
The Council is now seeking feedback on its updated Air Quality Action Plan (AQAP 2023-2028), and wants to hear from residents and businesses on the actions that have been proposed to improve air quality in the borough over the next five years.
The AQAP contains the most up-to-date information on air quality within the borough. It also contains a set of 90 actions the Council will take over the next five years to improve air quality within Hounslow. These actions are split into eight categories:
- Monitoring and core statutory duties
- Emissions from developments and buildings
- Public health and awareness raising
- Delivery servicing and freight
- Borough fleet actions
- Localised solutions
- Cleaner transport
- Lobbying and Partnership working
Within these 90 actions, the Council has selected twelve priority actions that the Council consider priorities for the next 5 years.
The 12 Priority Actions include:
- Awareness raising through a new targeted public health communication campaign
- Installing a new network of ‘low-cost’ air quality sensors in Hounslow
- Incorporating air quality objectives into procurement of the council’s major contracts
- Supporting and promoting alerts services such as airTEXT and the Mayor’s air pollution forecasts
- Enforcing the Non-Road Mobile Machinery (NRMM) Low Emission Zone
- Promoting and enforcing the Smoke Control Zone which covers Hounslow
- Promoting and delivering energy efficiency retrofitting projects in workplaces and homes
- Continuing to install Ultra Low Emission Vehicle (ULEV) infrastructure including EV charge points
- Improving walking and cycling infrastructure to enable the safe uptake of active travel
- Regular Car Free days/temporary road closures in high footfall areas
- Reducing emissions from Council fleets
- Improving air quality at schools through expanded monitoring and air quality audits with funding to implement the recommendations.
Any feedback received will be used to refine the AQAP in preparation for adoption by Cabinet later in the year.
To provide feedback, please respond to the consultation. The consultation is open to people living in, and/or working in Hounslow.
How will we use the Air Quality Action Plan 2023 - 2028
The final version of Plan, once the consultation process has completed, will be implemented by the Council according to the agreed actions. Progress on actions will be reported annually, to meet the requirements of the London Local Air Quality Management statutory process.
Other ways to submit your feedback
If you do not have access to a computer, a paper form can be obtained by contacting the Council. The consultation will be open from 4 July until 4 October 2023.
We will also be present at each of the following Area Forums to discuss the document, providing an alternative means for you to ask questions and provide your views: (please check this page for times and locations):
- Hounslow South, Isleworth and Osterley & Spring Grove: Thursday, 6 July 2023
- Brentford and Syon: Wednesday, 19 July 2023
- Hanworth:Thursday: 20 July 2023
- Isleworth: Brentford: Monday, 11 September 2023
In writing via email or post
You can also submit your comments to us in writing by email or post - please send any comments to us (quoting: ‘Consultation – Air Quality Action Plan 2023 - 2028.
Email us at: email@example.com
Send the information to:
Environmental Strategy Team
7 Bath Road
Air Quality Action Plan is also available for inspection at Hounslow House Library, with questionnaires available at local libraries.
Should you need this information in an alternative format, please contact us at - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 8583 2000 - if you have any queries on this consultation.
Following the consultation
The feedback gathered during this consultation stage will be used to improve the Air Quality Action Plan. A refined and updated version of the AQAP will then be presented to the Hounslow Cabinet and the Greater London Authority, with a view to adopt the Plan in late 2023.
If you have any questions about the consultation process, please contact email@example.com or call 020 8583 2000.