The Local Government Pension Scheme is a tax approved, occupational pension scheme. The benefits under the scheme are based on the length of your membership and your pay.
We have a pension fund which has produced high performance over a consistent period.
The pension scheme features include:
- a lump-sum cash payment if you die while in service
- valuable pension benefits to your spouse, partner and children
- a tiered ill-health retirement package
- the opportunity to take your pension from the age of 55 – 75, although your pension may be reduced should you take your pension before your individual state pension age
- an un-reduced pension from the age of 55 if you leave employment through redundancy or efficiency
- the option to reduce contributions and benefits by 50% in the 50/50 scheme
- the opportunity to buy additional scheme pension
- the option to make further additional contributions in to the Standard Life AVC
For more information and to log in to your own personal pensions account visit the Hounslow Pension Fund website, . Here you can update your personal details as well as run your own pension estimates using the retirement illustrator.
Capita Employee Benefits provides the day-to-day administration of the scheme. They should be contacted for any administration queries in the first instance.
Please contact Capita, if you wish to opt out of the Local Government Pension Scheme.
Opt out forms are not available from your employer.
Telephone: 01325 746 026
The London Borough of Hounslow Pension Fund
Capita Employee Benefits
PO Box 195