With the Freedom Pass you can get free travel on buses, trains, trams, DLR and even Thames river services. For further information please visit London Councils website
Check if you're eligible using this - online Freedom Pass eligibility calculator
- If you were born before on or after 6 October 1954 you'll need to be 66 years old to be eligible.
Information you need to give
- Proof of name and age - this could be a copy of your passport, medical card, birth certificate, driving licence or letter of state pension.
- Proof of address - A copy of: Council tax bill/ letter/ payment book, council/ housing association rent book or statement, or TV licence or a bill from the past three months from HMRC, Department of Work and Pensions, or occupational pension letter.
When you can use your pass
- In London: free anytime on any tube, bus or tram services in London.
- National Rail: free (inside London) between 9.30am and 4.30am the following morning on weekdays, and anytime weekends and public holidays.
- Thames river services: half price fare after 9am Monday to Friday. Half price all day weekends and public holidays.
The freedom pass is free to apply for and free to use. If you travel outside of Greater London, you may have to pay extra costs.
Lost/ stolen cards
A replacement card costs £12. If your card was stolen and you have a crime reference number, it'll be replaced for free.
Telephone: 0300 330 1433 to get a replacement pass
Change of details/ address
If you've moved house, or your details have changed.
Telephone: 0300 330 1433