Before you contact our out of hours - are you sure:
- your problem cannot be dealt with during normal office hours
- that you cannot make arrangements in the meantime.
When phoning us, please remember that your call may prevent another call getting through. So please ensure:
- you have all the information to hand
- you are prepared to provide a contact number so that we can get back to you.
For a emergency only, please call: 020 8583 2222
During these times:
- Monday to Thursday: 5pm to 9am
- Friday: 4.45pm through to Mon 9am
Please note: our emergency planning team are in charge of the council's response to major incidents, such as flooding, explosions, or large scale evacuations.
The following types of call are taken and passed onto a duty officer:
- Collapsed or unsafe buildings or structures
- Emergency repairs to council owned property
- General incidents or emergencies
- Incidents in schools, libraries, leisure centres, parks, playgrounds
- Media requesting a council spokesperson
- Noise nuisance
- Social services emergencies
- Street and pavement issues such as traffic lights, streetlights, signs and blocked drains
- Traffic accidents
- Urgent death certificates
If your call is not considered an emergency, you may be asked to contact us again during office hours.