Before you contact our out of hours - are you sure:
- your problem cannot be dealt with during normal office hours
- that you cannot make arrangements in the meantime.
When phoning us, please remember that your call may prevent another call getting through. So please ensure:
- you have all the information to hand
- you are prepared to provide a contact number so that we can get back to you.
For a emergency only, please call: 0208 583 2222.
During these times:
- Monday to Thursday: 5pm to 9am
- Friday: 4.45pm through to Mon 9am
Please note: our emergency planning team are in charge of the council's response to major incidents, such as flooding, explosions, or large scale evacuations.
The following types of call are taken and passed onto a duty officer:
- Collapsed or unsafe buildings or structures
- Emergency repairs to council owned property
- General incidents or emergencies
- Incidents in schools, libraries, parks, playgrounds
- Media requesting a council spokesperson
- Noise nuisance
- Social services emergencies
- Street and pavement issues such as traffic lights, streetlights, signs and blocked drains
- Traffic accidents
- Urgent death certificates
If your call is not considered an emergency, you may be asked to contact us again during office hours.
What constitutes an emergency out of hours repair for council tenants:
- Major leak and burst pipes not containable
- Dirty water back surging through, sink, bath or wash hand Basin
- Blocked drain, stack pipes or WC's
- Lost keys – rechargeable
- Replacing door locks – If key stolen a crime reference number will be required
- Window boarding up
- Front entrance door that will not close
- Total loss of electrical power
- Defective hard wired smoke alarm continually ringing
- Unsafe power or lighting sockets, electrical fittings
- Communal light failure in staircase
- No bathroom light and no window in the bathroom
No heating or hot water: Please report to T Brown by calling them - 0800 634 9434
Residents in temporary accommodation should call British Gas on 0871 703 8939
Gas Escapes, Report smell of fumes: Report to Transco by calling - 0800 111 999.