Advice, information and support for specific conditions is available from Hounslow Council, local and national organisations. Many sources of support are listed below and other options may be found on CarePlace. You may also find subscribing to the Carers Information Factsheet useful.
Alzhiemer's and other forms of dementia
- Alzheimer’s Society Hounslow & Ealing – local advice and support including a Support Groups, Dementia Link Workers and dementia friendly activities such as Singing for the Brain. See their CarePlace listings here.
- CIDS (Cognitive Impairment and Dementia Service) – assessment, diagnosis, short and long term support for patients and carers.
- Home Instead Memory Café – free activities and refreshments for carers and cared for.
- Admiral Nurse Dementia Helpline (Dementia UK) - free telephone and email advice if you have a quaestion or concern about dementia.
- Dementia Adaptations Grant – small grant to help make your home dementia friendly (not means tested)
- Other services on CarePlace
- The Mulberry Centre – walk-in cancer support centre open to all.
- Maggies West London
- Macmillan Cancer Support – national charity
- Carer Support Group – Long-term conditions (Hestia)
- Integrated Neurological Society (INS) – local support for Parkinson’s, stroke, MS and other neurological conditions
- Parkinson’s UK
- Drugscience - for Parkinsons
- MS Society – national Multiple Sclerosis charity
- Overcoming Multiple Sclerosis
- MND Association – National Motor Neuron Disease charity
- Huntington’s Disease Association
Respiratory Conditions including COPD
- Support for adults with Learning Disability
- Mencap – national charity
- Carer Support Group – Learning Disability (Hestia)
- The Triangle Resource/Day Centre
- Speak Out Hounslow
Autistic Spectrum Disorder
- Action on Hearing Loss
- Hounslow Deaf Club
- Royal National Institute of Blind People (RNIB)
- Middlesex Association for the Blind
- Hounslow Advocacy Services Hub (POhWer) information, advice and signposting in British Sign Language (BSL)
- One You Hounslow
- ARC Hounslow – treatment for drug and alcohol addiction
- Families Anonymous
- Alcoholics Anonymous
Palliative Care and End of Life